Q&A: Rita Wirth
(1) Tell us a little about yourself.
A little about me: I’m married to Rick Wirth. After graduating from Duquesne University, I began a career in consumer product sales. After 5 years and several sales awards and a promotion to national accounts manager, I decided I needed more of a challenge, so I pursued a position in medical sales. I spent 15 years as an Executive Sales Representative and Trainer, winning many sales and marketing awards for Fortune 500 companies such as Kimberly Clark, Johnson and Johnson and Quest Diagnostics. Due to my husband’s work schedule, I went part time over 2 years ago, working as a medical product analyst for Amerinet Inc. They are a hospital group purchasing organization located in Warrendale.
(2) What caused you to get involved with Dress for Success and what is it about the organization that keeps you coming back?
I became involved with Dress for Success because it’s an organization for women who want to help themselves. I admire women who want to turn their lives around. I keep coming back and volunteering due to Constance Mayer, a wonderful program director and the super volunteers that I have met since helping out the organization.
(3) Describe how a mentor or someone you look up to has helped you mold your life.
Early in my career, I worked with a woman who was amazing: extremely professional, very successful and could handle 100 things thrown at her at one time. Since then, I’ve tried to model my life after her.
(4) What makes you happy?
Things that make me happy: going out of town with my husband, spending time my loving cat, friends and family.
(5) If you had $1million, what would you do with it?
If I won a million dollars, I would pay off any debt, help my mom and aunt in their old age, help my 3 fun nephews with their college education and the rest to animal shelters and care for the elderly.
(6) What type of music do you listen to, and what song will make you get up and dance?
Considering the fact that my husband has a part-time deejay business, I listen to just about every genre of music. I sing and dance to everything but my favorite band is U2.
(7) What are 3 things we would find in your refrigerator?
You will always find greek yogurt, rice milk and veggies in my fridge. Glad you didn’t ask what you will always find in my pantry! Ha!
(8) What has made you as successful as you are?
I’ve always believed that persistence and perseverance is the road to success.
(9) How do you define success?
I define success as being able to look back and like where you’re at now.
(10) Any decisions that you’ve made that you’ve regretted?
I’ve made many decisions that I’ve regretted but I’ve picked myself up, dusted myself off and tried to learn from them.
(11) What do you like to do on the weekend?
On the weekends, you’ll find me trying to find time to relax!
(12) What is your ideal vacation?
My ideal vacation is spending time at the beach.
(13) What were some of your favorite childhood memories?
My favorite childhood memories are shared with the friends from childhood that I have reunited on Facebook. I also cherished summer vacations with my 4 wonderful grandparents and maternal aunts and uncle.
(14) Do you have any superstitions?
No superstitions anymore!
(15) How would your best friend describe you?
My best friend would say I am funny, loyal and compassionate.